Monday 17 September 2012

Hobbies, Extra Curricular, fill your time: A 20-something's take

It's Monday and I'm doing my normal weekly review of my 30 before 30 list and gasping in horror at how, apart from the Wine tasting, the camping (sort of) and the "all nighter" I've not made much of a dent in the list. and I've only got 2.5years to do it all!

It's made me think why I felt like there were things I was missing out on before 30 that I might not experience unless I gave myself a challenge. When you're young it's generally your parents that dictate what you do with your free time, what will set you up in the future, what will educate you and provide a good foundation and range of experiences that you may continue when you're older. 

Well if you're anything like I was as a child I changed my mind every 5 mins about what I wanted to do as a hobby! Below are some examples; please don't judge!!

  • Piano lessons
  • Guitar lessons
  • Clarinet lessons
  • French
  • Flower pressing
  • Rainbows, Brownies, Scouts! (Guides were had the boring trips away!)

Guten tag!

Due to injury a VERY short Ballet career

I still ride a little but not at 6am!

Quilling - straight out of Downton

We used to skate to pass the time

It may be that as you get older and you have more responsibilities you have less time for hobbies or new adventures but isn't it a shame to not try new things in case you don't get another chance?

So it's back to my 30 before 30 list because I don't want it to be too late to get away with skinny dipping!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and thanks for reading! MF x